UPCOMING MODULE, EXPECTED: Experiencing delays! Will be released in 3rds:
1 – Separated Status – release: August 31
2 – Divorce Stuff – release: partial on Sept. 19, the rest is TBD
3 – Coparenting – release: tbd
This post is a rough description of the features in development.
THIS POST IS ITSELF IN DEVELOPMENT. STAY TUNED! 🙂
——– II. Module 10: Make Up and Break Up ——–
The big lines:
– ‘Separated’ status in between full on broken-up / divorced and being in a couple.
Sims under that status will have high failure of any romantic attempt; they’re taking a break, taking their distances hoping to either find how to fix their relationship, or find the clarity that it needs to be left behind. More about what they can do below.
– Custody, visiting rights, child support, in case of permanent separations
– Splitting of estate / funds, in case of permanent separations
– Co-Parenting Elements
– Amicable or non-amicable permanent separations
– Trying to make up, to save relationships
The detail :
– ‘Separated’ status in between full on broken-up / divorced and being in a couple
o Sims can agree (or impose) to separate / take a break
o Separated Sims are keeping track of what happens during the separation; they each have a feeling about each other that will improve or worsen depending on what happens during the separation, guiding whether they should eventually make up or break up.
o One of the Sims can decide to (or be asked to) go stay somewhere else temporarily, or to outright move out, to make the separation easier, as there may be negative sentiments in the air that will participate in wrecking the relationship further…
o Separated Sims can contact each other – either nicely or not, with resulting random dialogs.
o They can also meet in person and use various interactions to try to work through their issues (try to discuss issues peacefully, say something nice about each other, try to change, apologize, etc etc). Each of these interactions can have more or less successful results.
o Once the “Love Languages” module of this modis out, they will be able to focus on learning each other’s love language and try to communicate with each other better.
o Separated Sims will often think about the state of their relationship and try to figure out what to do
o Separated Sims can talk to family and friends about this and gather advice
o Separated Sims can also explain to their children what is happening. Children who have a good relationship with their parent’s partner will be sad, angry or shocked; if they don’t have a good relaitonship (like with a stepmother for example), it won’t impact them as much.
They can, once ready decide to try to patch up / stay together, or decide to simply end the relationship permanently.
Even if they eventually decide to stay together, Sims may decide to refuse to move back in if they feel it is too soon.
– for half a day after entering the separated status, the Sim in question won’t be able to engage in any romantic interaction with each other. They just split up they’re not going to be lovey are they?!! After that time, they will be able to again if wanted.
– During that time period, these two sims should also be much less likely to autonomously decide to interact with each other.
– when the temporary separation is instated, the Sims will lose their most positive moodlets (the happy mood for example will jump out the window) because this is a SAD time!!
– The Sims will not be able to ask each other to get back together again until they have reached about 25 points in the common ‘reconciliation’ metric.
– The result of asking to get back together depends on this metric, which is shared by both systems, but also on another metric which is individual and different between the two.
– If a Sim he decides to go stay somewhere else, and he decides to make them return home before the separated status is removed, they must use the ‘send home from vacation’ interaction.
– Custody battles, visiting rights, court rulings about splitting possessions, all that
o Upon divorcing, the Sim asking for the separation will explain why.
o Upon divorcing or taking a permanent separation, Sims can demand custody, which may be accepted or may lead to a court hearing.
– They can also offer to amicably share custody if this is an amicable separation.
o Court decides who should have custody based on various criteria such as employment, housing, etc.
o Visiting rights may be granted, in which case sims can ask to see their children / take the children to their other parent whenever wanted. This is less awkward if the relationship ended amicably 😊
When visiting another parent, children may be happy or annoyed (sometimes they just want to be ‘at home’) – annoyance being more likely for teens.
o There are a few secret options reserved for Evil / mean Sims 😉 should they be available for everyone? These sims may go to extreme lengths to get what they want, such as getting a spouse to feed a cowplant hoping the plant will be in a bad mood that day, trying to go visit Sixam together and leaving them behind, and other terrible schemes.
– Co-Parenting Elements
o In addition to being able to have the child go to the other parent, there are occasional phone calls / happenings to / from the other parent regarding the children, asking to take action or just giving information. For example, there is a school trip for one of the kids, and the other parent is asked for a bit of money to help cover the costs of the school trip. Or, the sim must work extra and wonders if the other parent can take the kids that night.
o Child Support and similar monetary concerns. Separated Sims will participate towards the financial charge of their growing children.
– Amicable or non-amicable divorces
o Break-Ups and divorces can be attempted amicably. If one of the parties involved is against the divorce, it may still go sour, but there is a good chance that the amicable approach makes things easier for both sims involved. They can this way stay in good terms and have special interactions.
– In case of amicable separations, no bad sentiments will come.
Sims who divorced amicably and maintain very high levels of friendship can later on (after an initial period of ‘absolutely no chance at all for any sort of romance whatsoever’) wonder about what would have happened had they not divorced, offer each other to WooHoo for good old days’ sake, or even offer to re-marry.
Other little things:
– Sims will now be able to ask love interests about past love experiences and if the sim has had a divorce / broke up with someone, they will be able to talk about it and say how it went.