Human Sims don’t have it easy, because there’s so many advantages to playing a vampire, spellcaster, or even Mermaid. Poor Human Sims have to deal with all the drudgeries of life with no special ability. I want to shift the scales a little bit, and bring Occult powers to even those of us who don’t have expansion packs. So here comes the Psychic Sims mod! A Psychic Sim is fully human, but is in contact with spirits which grant their powers to the Sims who dare to talk to them.
———————– The Basic Powers of Psychic Sims ———————–
The Basic Powers of Psychic Sims
– “Dispel Negative Emotions” – psychic Sims can use their influence to dispel another Sim’s negative emotions. It will give them a 4-hour, +2 “dazed” moodlet. The other Sim is rid of bad emotions, and instead gets a “Mysteriously happy” 4-hour +2 moodlet.
– “Steal Positive Emotions” – Psychic Sims can use their abilities to steal other’s emotions, and rid themselves of negative emotions. That discards all negative moodlets (except “dazed” ones) and steals an emotion, randomly it can be either +1 confident, inspired or happy, and lasts 4 hours. The poor Sim whose joy was stolen gets all their positive emotions removed, and a 4-hour, +2 sad.
– “Make Joyful Predictions” – Psychic Sims get psychic insight, and may make predictions. A joyful prediction will give the listener a +1 confident moodlet for a day. This Sim will also become able to tell others about the happy predictions they received.
– “Make Ominous Predictions” -an ominous prediction will give the listener a day-long +1 tense moodlet, and the ability to tell others about the terrible prediction they’ve heard…
– “Commune with the Spirits” – this is an option that restores/fills the Psychic Sim’s needs by about 30%.
– “Bestow Psychic Powers on Sim” – if a Sim is close to a Psychic Sim, the psychic can make them psychic too.
– “Strip of Psychic Powers” – if a Psychic Sim meets another Psychic Sim, they can steal away the other Sim’s spirits, causing the other Sim to not be psychic anymore. This is to give the player control, if you bestowed powers on another and wish to revoke that. The Psychic Sim whose powers are taken away gets a 4 hour, +2 sad moodlet.
– Psychic Sims are sensitive to others’ emotions. If someone near is very happy, very sad or very angry, Psychic Sims get a matching +1 moodlet that will remain until that other Sim is gone.
– Psychic Sims are also sensitive to the presence of Ghosts. They can perceive the ghosts’ most powerful memory – that of their death. Near a ghost, a psychic Sim gets a +3 uncomfortable moodlet.
– Psychic Sims can Bind and Summon ghosts.
The Psychic Skill
(you can access instructions about all this in game at any time, by clicking the Mysterious Urn with a Psychic Sim and asking for guidance, so it’s ok if you forget something):
– At skill level 1, Psychics can only make predictions and sense others’ personalities. By Level 2, they have regained all the interactions available from the 1st version of the mod, except “Bestow Powers” and “Steal Power” (which come at Level 5).
– If you don’t want to deal with a skill and just want everything unlocked, there is an interaction with the Mysterious Urn that will max out your Psychic Power skill (as a cheat).
– If you want to play it square: At Level 2, you gain the ability to “Bind Ghosts” to a Crystal. Buy “The Psychic’s Crystal”, that’s the one you can do this with. You also gain the ability to “Appease Ghost(s)” (it fills Ghosts’ needs; this is useful for example if you want your bound ghost to stick around longer when you summon it, as it will leave if its needs are low ie maybe 4-5ish hours after being summoned).
At Level 3, you can work longer, and are no longer uncomfotable near ghosts.
At Level 4,you can curse other sims and work even longer.
At Level 5, you can bestow or take away powers. (next update will feature more perks for skill levels 3, 4 and 5 – I am aware it is sparse at the moment!).
Your Sim needs to know the ghost they want to bind and be near them. Then use the crystal to bind them.
You may fail, because that made sense to me for some reason. If you do, you can try again (immediatly or later, up to you).
A Ghost bound to your Sim will be angry near them if the Sim doesn’t have friendship with it. It will be neutral near your Sim if the friendship is above 40ish.
Bound ghosts can tell stories of hauntings and talk about other things. If you have become Good Friends, you will be able to “Ask for Friendship” (in the ‘ghost connection’ menu), which will make the ghost and your Sim ‘Spiritually Bonded’. This unlocks new options from the ghost and towards the ghost, and now the ghost will be confident near the Psychic. The Ghost may give gifts to your Sim, and your Sim may ask the ghost to fill their needs, or to bring more ghosts (ghost parties yay, haha). A Psychic is always confident near a ghost they summoned, no matter whether the ghost is happy about this or not.
———————– What Non-Psychic Sims can do ———————–
What Non-Psychic Sims Can Do
– “Joke about Psychics”
– “Ask for Psychic Insight”
– “Mock purported “psychic powers”
All Sims can book Psychic Services from the computer (Order – Psychic Services).
– If a Sim is cursed, directly by a Psychic or because someone asked a Psychic to curse them, they will suffer mild ill-effects. They can “Complain about Curse”, and go to a Psychic (through the Computer) to get rid of the curse if they wish. For now there are 3 curses, and their effects are mild (Curse of the Misanthrope, Curse of the Awkward Lover, Curse of the Unfulfilled). There will be more developments there in a next update.
– If a Sim attends a Seance, a Past Life Regression or a Tarot Reading, they may tell about it to other Sims (look in the ‘Friendly’ menu) during the time that they have a moodlet from their visit to the Psychic. There are various possible moodlets for those interactions, the result is not always the same.
– Other Services are: love spell (will give romantic and friendship points with the selected Sim), career spell (will promote your Sim and give them 3 additional days of PTO.
———————– How to Get Started ———————–
1. Go in build mode, and look for a “mysterious urn” (type “mysterious” in the search bar; or find it in the catalog manually, it’s in “Misc Decorations”).
2. Buy it, and put it somewhere on the floor (it will turn into a normal ‘dead sim’ urn once you place it).
3. Have the Sim you wish to be Psychic “Mourn the Stranger in the Urn
4. Let them complete this action. You will get a stroy-notification. Now your Sim has a “Psychic” trait. If you wish to get rid of the powers, click the Urn again, and use “Beg the Spirit to Take Powers Back”.
5. Your Sim now has a new Pie Menu, “Psychic Powers”.
Issues and Limitations
– The animations for Crystal interactions are wonky. The Crystal will not be shown. This is a complex issue that I can’t solve as of now.
For Future Updates
What will be coming in a next update:
– Hopefully, “Send Ghost Beyond” and “Resurrect Ghost”
– Random texts said by the Bound Ghost when hanging out.
– More perks / ability for skill level 3, 4 and 5
– Some more computer interactions (write tarot blog, etc)
– If requested – a Psychic aspiration, regarding binding ghosts and whatnot.
– Maybe – a ‘psychic powers’ bar
– And a few more things written somewhere in my to-do list but not in my brain!
Mod Constructor by Zerbu and Sims4Studio – the two best things that ever happened to the Sims 4 community! Infinite thanks to the creators of these programs, Zerbu and Andrew.
Notepad++ and Photoshop
Neon frame in the logo courtesy of Freepix.com
ALL DOWNLOAD LINKS ARE ON PATREON, THIS SITE IS FOR MOD INFO / DESCRIPTIONS.
FIND INDEX OF DOWNLOAD POSTS HERE